IGNOU Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) – Online Admission
About BLIS Programme : It is an Bachelor programme which can be completed in 1 Years(Minimum) and 4 Years(Maximum). The full form of BLIS is Bachelor of Library and Information Science. This comes under School of Social Sciences (SOSS). It is currently being offered in English medium only while as per notification, all students can write their assignments and term-end examination in Hindi medium also.
The examination relating to BLIS Degree has 2 components: Continuous Evaluation (CE) – 30% weightage and Term End Examination (TEE) – 70% weightage. This programme was established in 1989 in response to the demand for huge number of trained human resource in the field of library and information activities. In 2014, IGNOU full updated their BLIS Programme. To know more about Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) programme, you can visit official website www.ignou.ac.in. Below are important features of BLIS (Bachelor of Library and Information Science) programme :
- Name of Programme : BLIS – Bachelor of Library and Information Science
- Medium : English
- Eligibility Criteria : All candidates who wants to take admission in BLIS course, must have Bachelor’s Degree with 50% marks and 45% for General and for the SC/ST/OBC/PH category respectively OR Bachelor’s Degree with Diploma (1 year) in Library Science OR Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of working experience in Library and Information Centre
- Duration : It can be completed in Minimum(1 Years) and Maximum(4 Years). If this not completed on time, students needs to take re-admission and submit fees again. Available in both admission cycle of January and July.
- Fee Structure : For full programme, the fees is Rs. 5,000/-. As per notifications, fees structure vary from year to year. So, We advise you to contact Study Centre/Regional Centre.
- Programme Coordinator : Prof. Jaideep Sharma, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph. 011-29572740
IGNOU BLIS Courses & Syllabus : The total credits is 36 which needs to be complete the Bachelor Degree in Library and Information Science. After completing this course, students can go for higher studies. The BLIS consists of 9 courses out of which 5 courses (BLI-224, BLIE-227, BLIE-228 and BLIE-229 are having practical component and 4 courses (BLI-221, BLI-222, BLI-223 and BLI-226) are theory based courses. Below are details of course code, course name and credits :
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits|
|BLI-221||Library, Information and Society||4|
|BLI-222||Information Sources and Services||4|
|BLI-223||Organising and Managing Information||4|
|BLI-226||Management of Library and Information Centre||4|
|BLI-227||Document Processing: Practice||4|
|BLI-228||Information Products and Services||4|
|BLI-229||ICT in Libraries||4|
Other Important Links :