IGNOU Master of Arts in English (MEG)
About Programme : MEG stands for Master of Arts in English. It comes under School of Humanities (SOH). This programme is of 2 Years in which for 1st Year, they have 4 subjects and for 2nd Year, they have Compulsory Course and Optional Courses (Choose any three). The main aim of this course is to give the learners a sound understanding of English and American literatures and also other new areas in literature such as Canadian, Australian and Indian English.
The students would develop an understanding of English and other literature of their choice. A good knowledge of reading, comprehension and writing skills would be a per-requisite for this programme. Below are features of this programme :
- Name of Programme : MEG – Master of Arts in English
- Medium : English only
- Eligibility : To take admission and be eligible, the students must have Bachelor’s Degree or a higher degree from a recognized University
- Duration : This course is offered in both January & July admission cycle. Minimum : 2 Years, Maximum : 5 Years.
- Fee Structure : For full programme, the fees is Rs 9,000/- which is to be paid year wise @Rs 4,500/- per year.
- Programme Coordinator : Dr. Neera Singh, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph.011-29572790
MEG Course & Syllabus Details : The Total Credits of programme is 64.
1st Year Courses
|Course Code||Title of the course||Credits|
|MEG-04||Aspects of Language||8|
2nd Year Courses
|MEG-05||Literary Criticism and Theory||8|
|Optional Courses (Choose any three)|
|MEG-07||Indian English Literature||8|
|MEG-08||New Literatures in English||8|
|MEG-10||English Studies in India||8|
|MEG-12||A Survey Course in 20th Century Canadian Literature||8|
|MEG-14||Contemporary Indian Literature in English Translation||8|
Other Links :