IGNOU Master of Science in Counselling and Family Therapy (MSCCFT)
About Programme : The short form of Master of Science in Counselling and Family Therapy is MSCCFT. This programme also comes under School of Continuing Education (SOCE). The main aim of MSC(CFT) is to developing professionals in this vital field, which is gaining greater salience in the present times both from social and employment perspectives.
The feature of programme is its focus on the applied aspect and the thrust on opportunities for hands-on experience for the learner. In the 2nd Year of the programme, the learner has the option to be trained in Marital and Family Therapy and Counselling, Child and Adolescent Counselling and Family Therapy or Substance Abuse Counselling and Family Therapy.
Yet another important special feature of the programme is that it has a provision of exit point for learners (After one year) in the form of P.G. Diploma in Counselling and Family Therapy (PGDCFT). The programme has theory, supervised practicum, internship, and dissertation as components. Below are features of MSCCFT :
- Name of Programme : Master of Science in Counselling and Family Therapy (MSCCFT)
- Medium : English
- Eligibility : To get eligible, the applicants must have Bachelor’s degree with specialization in subjects like Human Development and Family Studies, Child Development, Human Development and Childhood Studies, Child Development and Family Relationships, Home Science, Psychology, Social Work, Medicine or other allied disciplines. “Allied disciplines” include Anthropology, Sociology, Education, Philosophy, MBBS or equivalent qualification in Ayurveda, Unani, Sidha or Homeopathy Medicines, Nursing etc. from a recognized University OR Bachelor’s degree with a higher degree in any of the above mentioned subjects or Bachelor’s Degree along with a Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance and Counselling from a recognized University.
- Duration : It is offered in July admission cycle only. The minimum is 2 Years and maximum 5 Years.
- Fee Structure : For full programme, the fees is Rs. 28,000 which is to be paid year wise @Rs 14,000/- per year
- Programme Coordinator : Prof. Neerja Chadha, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph. 011-29572946, 29536343, Dr. Amiteshwar Ratra, email@example.com
MSC(CFT) Course Details : The Total Credits of programme is 64.
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits|
|MCFT 1||Human Development and Family Relationships||4|
|MCFTL 1||Human Development and Family Relationships – Supervised Practicum||2|
|MCFT 2||Mental Health and Disorders||4|
|MCFTL 2||Mental Health and Disorders-Supervised Practicum||2|
|MCFT 3||Counselling and Family Therapy: Basic Concepts & Theoretical Perspectives||4|
|MCFTL 3||Counselling and Family Therapy: Basic Concepts & Theoretical Perspectives -Supervised Practicum||2|
|MCFT 4||Counselling and Family Therapy: Applied Aspects||4|
|MCFTL 4||Counselling and Family Therapy: Applied Aspects – Supervised Practicum||2|
|MCFT 5||Counselling and Family Therapy: Research Methods and Statistics||4|
|MCFTL 5||Counselling and Family Therapy: Research Methods and Statistics – Supervised Practicum||2|
|MCFTL 8||Reflective Journa||2|
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|MCFT 6||Applied Social Psychology||6|
|MCFTL 6||Applied Social Psychology-Supervised Practicum||2|
|MCFT 7||Counselling and Family Therapy: Applications and Interventions||4|
|MCFTL 7||Counselling and Family Therapy: Applications and Interventions -Supervised Practicum||2|
Optional Paper (any one of the following)
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|MCFTE 1||Marital and Family Therapy & Counselling||2|
|MCFTE 4||Marital and Family Therapy & Counselling – Supervised PracticumOR||4|
|MCFTE 2||Child and Adolescent Counselling and Family Therapy||2|
|MCFTE 5||Child and Adolescent Counselling and Family Therapy – Supervised PracticumOR||4|
|MCFTE 3||Substance Abuse Counselling and Family Therapy||2|
|MCFTE 6||Substance Abuse Counselling and Family Therapy – Supervised Practicum||4|
Other Links :