IGNOU MA in Gandhi and Peace Studies (MGPS)
About MGPS Programme : MGPS stands for Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies. This programme comes under School of Social Sciences (SOSS). MGPS Programme is a minimum 2 Years and maximum 5 Years master degree course in India. Every subjects course have 4 credits each. Eligible students can take admission in MGPS course for both January and July admission cycle.
Students can apply for admission in Online mode only. Students can fill admission form by visiting Ignou official website. After taking admission in MGPS Course, IGNOU provides study material/books of their respective course as it is one of famous distance education course. The main aim or objectives of MGPS Programme is :
- This course offers opportunities of higher studies to the learners
- MGPS offers quality education at PG level in theoretical and applied Gandhian & Studies Peace. Conflict Management and Social Regeneration
- To provide an in-depth knowledge in the area of Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution and enable the learners to specialize in one of the Gandhian models of development.
- To provide the learners the opportunities of continuing higher education at the M.Phil/Ph.D. level.
- To widen the scope of the learners for further research. training and career opportunities in economic, social, gender, political, environmental and sustainable development issues.
- To enable the learners to join careers in teaching research, NGOs in Peace making and Peace building
To know more about Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies programme, you can visit official website http://www.ignou.ac.in. Below are important features of MGPS Programme :
- Name of Programme : MGPS – MA in Gandhi and Peace Studies
- Medium : It is available in both English & Hindi Medium.
- Eligibility Criteria : All Students who wants to take admission in MGPS (M.A in Gandhi and Peace Studies) course, must have Bachelor’s Degree or a higher degree
- Duration : The duration of MGPS course is Minimum(2 Years) and Maximum(5 Years). Applicants can take admission in both cycle
- Age : There is no minimum and maximum age bar
- Fee Structure : For full programme, the fees is Rs 9,000 which is to be paid year wise @Rs 4500/- per year. The fees of MGPS course is vary every Year. So, kindly confirm from Regional Centre.
- Programme Coordinators : Prof. D. Gopal, [email protected], Ph. 011-29572704/29535515
MGPS Course & Syllabus Details : The total credits of MGPS Programme is 64. In First Year, there is 8 compulsory subjects which have each 4 credits while for Second Year, there is 8 subjects and one project work. The subject code of Project Work is MGPE-17. Project Work is optional and may be taken up in lieu of two 4 credit courses. Project work(Dissertation ( 8 credits)) with experiential dimension will encourage empirical studies on social problems going Gandhi movements etc. Below are MGPS Programme & Syllabus details :
IGNOU MGPS First Year Courses
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits|
|MGP-01||Gandhi: The Man and His Times||4|
|MGP-02||Philosophy of Gandhi||4|
|MGP-03||Gandhi’s Social Thought||4|
|MGP-04||Gandhi’s Political Thought||4|
|MGPE-06||Gandhi’s Economic Thought||4|
|MGPE-07||Non-violent Movements after Gandhi||4|
|MGPE-09||Gandhi in the 21st Century||4|
|MGPE-14||Gandhi, Ecology and Sustainable Development||4|
IGNOU MGPS Second Year Courses
|Course Code||Title of Course||Credits|
|MGP-05||Introduction to Peace and Conflict Resolution||4|
|MGPE-08||Gandhi Approach to Peace and Conflict Resolutions||4|
|MGPE-10||Conflict Management, Transformation and Peace Building||4|
|MGPE-12||Women and Peace||4|
|MGPE-13||Civil Society, Political Regimes and Conflict||4|
|MGPE-15||Introduction to Research Methods||4|
|MGPE-16||Human Rights: Indian Perspective||4|
Other Links :