IGNOU Post Graduate Certificate in Geo-informatics (PGCGI) – Online Admission
About PGCGI Programme : PGCGI stands for Post Graduate Certificate in Geo-informatics. This programme is offered in both January and July sessions of every year through the established network of IGNOU Regional Centres and Study Centres currently at 6 locations across India. As per notification, now open for the July 2017 cycle for interested learners to enter into this emerging field.
It offers opportunity to learners to learn basic concepts of remote sensing, GIS and GNSS, and develop practical skills to work on geo-spatial data. This programme could be helpful for learners to develop skills in this field for further studies and also to pursue a career in government organisations, industries and educational institutes in the field of natural resources management, natural hazards and disaster management, environment management,urban and rural planning, business applications & geospatial education.
It is designed and developed with the help of several eminent experts across India drawn from ISRO, DRDO, IITs, C-DAC, DST, IITM and many private and government institutes and industries. The PGCGI Covers aspects of Geospatial data, Cartography, Remote Sensing, GNSS, Image Interpretation, Digital Image Processing and GIS. It has 25% practical component. To know more about programme, you can visit official website www.ignou.ac.in. Below are features of PGCGI programme :
- Name of Programme : PGCGI – Post Graduate Certificate in Geo-informatics
- Medium of Instructions : It is available in English only
- Eligibility Criteria : Students who wants to take admission in PGCGI course, they must have Graduate in any discipline from a recognised university
- Duration : It can be completed in Minimum(6 months) and Maximum(2 years)
- Fee Structure : Rs.5000/-
- Age Bar : There is no minimum and maximum age bar
- Regional Centres where PGCGI offered : Srinagar (J&K-under RC Srinagar), Pune (Maharashtra-under RC Pune), Durg (Chhattisgarh-under RC Raipur), Gauhati (Assam-under RC Guwahati), Thiruvanthapuram (Kerala-under RC Trivandrum) and New Delhi (under RC Delhi-1). More study centres would be added in due course of time.
- Programme Coordinator : Dr. Benidhar Deshmukh, [email protected], Ph. 011-29571677. For any query, you may contact : 011-29571677/76/75/79 or [email protected]
PGCGI Admission Procedure : The common prospectus & application from is available online at IGNOU official website. Eligible applicants can download application from by visiting online portal of IGNOU. Students can also Purchase Common Prospectus 2017-18 for Rs 200/- in cash at the sale counters at your nearest Regional Centres. All applicants can take admission in this programme online. For Online Admission, please visit https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in.
PGCGI Course & Syllabus Details : The total credits of this programme is 16. The 16 credits programme consists 4 courses (3 theory courses and 1 practical course).
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits|
|MGY-001||Introduction to Geoinformatics||4|
|MGY-002||Remote Sensing and Image Interpretation||4|
|MGY-003||Global Navigation Satellite System and Geographic Information System||4|
Other Links :
- IGNOU PGCGI Hall Ticket
- IGNOU PGCGI Date Sheet
- IGNOU PGCGI Solved Assignments
- IGNOU PGCGI Online Admission 2020
- IGNOU PGCGI Previous Question Papers
- IGNOU PGCGI Exam Form
- IGNOU PGCGI Registration Form
- IGNOU PGCGI Result
- IGNOU PGCGI Grade Card
- IGNOU PGCGI Prospectus
- IGNOU PGCGI Study Material
- IGNOU PGCGI Admission Status