IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Planning and Development (PGDUPDL) – Online Admission
About PGDUPDL Programme : PGDUPDL stands for Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Planning and Development. It comes under School of Extension & Development Studies (SOEDS). This programme is offered in both January and July sessions of every year through the established network of IGNOU Regional Centres all over the country.
As everyone knows that India is 2nd largest urban country in the world with more than 30% of urban population. As per survey, up to 2025, half of India’s population will be urbane. This programme is a great source for the people involved in the urban development programmes and also to the graduates who wants to pursue urban development as a career. The Postgraduate Diploma holders will be fully equipped to serve various Government and Non-Government Organizations dealing with urban planning and development. PGDUPDL programme will be useful to the fresh graduates who wish to pursue a career in urban development.
The main objective is to provide opportunity to the learners to deepen their knowledge and understanding of urban development. This programme also helps to develop professional knowledge and skills in formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of urban development programmes.
IGNOU provide study material/books of PGDUPDL course. Every Year, IGNOU uploaded tentative PGDUPDL Exam date-sheet 30 days and PGDUPDL hall ticket 10 days before term-end Exams. To know more about PGDUPDL programme, you can visit official website www.ignou.ac.in. Below are important features of Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Planning and Development (PGDUPDL) programme :
- Name of Programme : PGDUPDL – Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Planning and Development
- Medium : The medium is English only
- Eligibility Criteria : All Students who wants to take admission in PGDUPDL(Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Planning and Development) course, must have Graduation in any discipline
- Duration : It can be completed in Minimum(1 Years) and Maximum(3 Years). Offered in both admission cycle
- Fee Structure : Rs 2,800/- for full programme (Rs. 3000/-, if application is downloaded)
- Programme Coordinators : Dr. Nehal A. Farooquee, [email protected], Ph. 011-29571664, Prof. B.K. Pattanaik, [email protected], Ph. 011-29571662, Dr. P.V.K. Sasidhar, [email protected], Ph. 011-29571665
PGDUPDL Admission Procedure : The common prospectus & application from of PGDUPDL is available online at IGNOU official website. Eligible applicants can download PGDUPDL Prospectus 2017-18 and application from by visiting online portal of IGNOU. Students can also Purchase hardcopy of prospectus & application from any IGNOU Regional Centre. Students can take admission in this programme online. For Online Admission, please visit https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in or Contact : [email protected]/011-29571665; 29571664; 29571662.
PGDUPDL Course & Syllabus Details : The total credits of this programme is 32. MEDS-41, MEDS-42, MEDS-43, MEDS-44 have 6 credits while MEDSP-45 & MEDSE-46 have 8 credits.
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits|
|MEDS-41||Introduction to Urban Development||6|
|MEDS-42||Issues and Challenges in Urban Planning and Development||6|
|MEDS-43||Dynamics of Urban Planning and Development||6|
|MEDS-44||Monitoring and Evaluation of Projects and Programmes||6|
Elective Courses : Choose any one
|MEDSE-46||Development: Issues and Perspectives||8|
Other Links :
- IGNOU PGDUPDL Hall Ticket
- IGNOU PGDUPDL Date Sheet
- IGNOU PGDUPDL Solved Assignments
- IGNOU PGDUPDL Online Admission 2018
- IGNOU PGDUPDL Previous Question Papers
- IGNOU PGDUPDL Exam Form
- IGNOU PGDUPDL Registration Form
- IGNOU PGDUPDL Result
- IGNOU PGDUPDL Grade Card
- IGNOU PGDUPDL Prospectus
- IGNOU PGDUPDL Study Material
- IGNOU PGDUPDL Admission Status