IGNOU Master of Arts in Rural Development (MARD)
About Programme : The full form of MARD is Master of Arts in Rural Development. It comes under School of Continuing Education (SOCE). The syllabus of MARD consists such diverse academic contents as are essential in the making of this discipline in the Indian context. The most important component of this programme is dissertation which is based on empirical research in rural areas.
This course is best options for fresh graduates which is interested in pursuing career in the discipline of rural development. The course will be useful to personnel working in various Government Departments/agencies, NGO’s, cooperative banks and other institutes which are engaged in rural transformation. The special feature of course is that it has a provision of exit point for learners (after one year) in the form of PG Diploma in Dietetics and Public Nutrition. Below are details of programme :
- Name of Programme : Master of Arts in Rural Development (MARD)
- Medium : The medium is both in English & Hindi.
- Eligibility : To get eligible, the candidates must have Bachelor’s Degree or a higher degree from a recognized University
- Duration : It is offered in both January and July admission cycle. The minimum is 2 Years and maximum 5 Years.
- Fee Structure : For full programme, the fees is Rs. 9,000 which is to be paid year wise @Rs. 4,500/- per year
- Programme Coordinator : Ms. Santosh Tanwer, email@example.com Ph. 011-29572955
MARD Course Details : The Total Credits of programme is 66.
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits|
|MRD 101||Rural Development – Indian Context||6|
|MRD 102||Rural Development Programmes||6|
|MRD 103||Rural Development – Planning and Management||6|
|MRD 4||Research Methods in Rural Development||6|
2nd Year(Choose any five)
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|RDD 6||Rural Health Care||6|
|RDD 7||Communication and Extension in Rural Development||6|
|MRDE 101||Rural Social Development||6|
|MRDE 2||Voluntary Action in Rural Development||6|
|MRDE 3||Land Reforms and Rural Development||6|
|MRDE 4||Entrepreneurship and Rural Development||6|
Other Links :