IGNOU Master of Science (Dietetics and Food Services Management)
About Programme : MSCDFSM is abbreviated as Master of Science (Dietetics and Food Services Management). This programme comes under School of Continuing Education(SOCE). It has been developed with a view to address the needs of training work force/developing manpower for the emerging employment sector.
The special feature is that it has a provision of exit point for learners in the form of Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics and Public Nutrition (PGDDPN) after having successfully completed 30 credit course work and 3 months Internship Programme (16 credits). Below are details of this programme :
- Name of Programme : Master of Science (Dietetics and Food Services Management)
- Medium : The medium of Instruction is in English.
- Eligibility : To be eligible, the candidates must have B.Sc. (Home Science) specialization in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics and Clinical Nutrition or PG Diploma in Dietetics and Public Health Nutrition, or its equivalent or Graduate (B.Sc.) or equivalent (MBBS, BHHS etc) from the following background – Home Science/ Food Science and Technology, Life Science, Microbiology Health Care, Medical, Pharmaceutical Catering alongwith the DNHE or CNCC or CFN offered by IGNOU (Simultaneous admission for CFN/CNCC is also permitted).
- Duration : Minimum : 2 Years, Maximum : 5 Years. It is offered in both admission cycle i.e January & July
- Fee Structure : For full programme, the fees is Rs. 27,000/- which is to be paid year wise @Rs. 13,500/- per year
- Programme Coordinator : Prof. Deeksha Kapur, [email protected] Ph. 011-29536347, 29572960
- Age : No Age bar
- Practical : Each practical course is worth 2 credits and the duration of the practical sessions is 7 days i.e. 14 sessions of 4 hours each. The term end practical examination will be held in the 15th session of the practical spell.
- Internship : Duration of internship for 3 months in the Dietetic Department of a recognized hospital/ institution, for the award of M.Sc. (DFSM) degree is compulsory. For PGDDPN, learners’ internship for three months is compulsory.
MSCDFSM Course Details : The Total Credits of programme is 72.
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits|
|MFN 1||Applied Physiology||4|
|Food Safety and Food Microbiology||2|
|Clinical and Therapeutic Nutriti||4|
|Entrepreneurship and Food Service Management||4|
|Principles of Food Science||2|
|MFN 9||Research Methods and Biostatistics||6|
|MFN 10||Understanding Computer Applications||2|
|MFN 11||Internship Programme||16*|
For MSc.(DFSM) Programme : 1st Year Courses (MFN 1, MFN 2, MFNL 2, MFN 3, MFNL 3, MFN 6, MFNL 6, MFN 8, MFNL 8 and MFN 10), 2nd Year Courses (MFN 4, MFNL 4, MFN 5, MFNL 5, MFN 7, MFNL 7, MFN 9, MFNP 11 and MFNP 12).
For PGDDPN Programme : MFN 1, MFN 2, MFN 3, MFN 4, MFN 5, MFNL 5, MFN 6, MFNL 6, MFN 7, MFNL 7 and MFNP 11
Other Links :